The inflation coupled with overpopulation significantly increased the price of real estate’s making it quite hard to find a big and spacious house in a standard budget. Now, many of us love to live in a place with sufficient space to move around, but with that budget, it will get quite hard to find especially in cities like Mumbai and Kolkata. In this blog, we will talk about some pro tips, which will make your small apartment look big and spacious.
- Scale it down: If you are shifting from a big house to a small one, scale everything down. A big bed or some less important furniture may make your already small room smaller. Try your level best to keep everything above the floor. Instead of conventional beds, go for bunk beds which will not only give a stylish vibe but also save a lot of space.
- Keep a low profile: We advice all our readers to use a combination of dark and light hue paint on your walls, to make the room look bigger. Keep all the furniture above the ground which will create an illusion of a larger floor area. A bunk bed or a sofa cum bed in the bedroom is a great idea.
- Mirror, mirror on the wall: The use of the mirror will create an optical illusion making your rooms look big. Try placing the mirrors in a room strategically and preferably lower to the ground to find that perfect illusion.
- Ditch the drapes and rug: The more you let light enter the room, the better it will make your room look. Avoid using drapes and go for blinds or curtain which will allow the light to enter the room.
- White it out: This is one of the widely used techniques to make your room look big. If every painting on your wall fails to deliver that optical illusion, go all white. The reflective power of colorless walls with lightweight fabrics may give a new dimension to your abode. We advise our readers to prefer lighter fabric while selecting the material of your curtains, as heavy fabrics prevents the entry of wind and air in the room.
- Keep it simple: This is one of the age-old mantra followed by many interior decorators. Do not clutter your already small room with unnecessary items and make it claustrophobic.
Find the TMT bar Price list in West Bengal.