In India people have faced earth quakes at different cities as well as locations. The nation has experienced the pulverizing seismic tremors several times. This gave rise to variety of mishaps. Many families, localities and business hub have suffered. According to the Geology department, the Indian subcontinent suffers due to repeated crash of Indian tectonic plate. Also the rate of crashing is approximately 47 mm/ year. The experts operating at the Geological department of India also stated that the percentage of the land area that is not prone to frequent earthquake is 54.
The zones of Indian subcontinent with earthquake factors
The areas in Indian subcontinent are divided into several zones. It is divided into 5 zones. Right from the zone 1 to zone 5. The zone 1 does not include those areas which are not at all affected nor have a chance to get affected by the earthquake. The highest probability of earthquake is marked as zone 5.
- Zone 1- The geological department has marked India as the earthquake hazard country. Thus, none of the area comes under the zone 1.
- Zone 2- The zone 2 include those area that has very low risk of earthquake.
- Zone 3- Here the areas are considered where the risk factor is moderate.
- Zone 4- The areas that has a chance of getting high damage or probably is considered as high risk zone comes under the zone 4. Some of the areas that come under this zone are:
- Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu and Kashmir
- West Uttar Pradesh
- North Bengal
- Western and central Himalayas
- Middle and north binary
- Kashmir region
- Andaman and Niccobar group of island
- Rann of Kutch
There are some facts stated by the National centre of seismology. According to the experts working there, West Bengalis marked as a place that has high seismic probability. Thus, it is very important to choose the construction materials wisely. The type of TMT bar has quality difference and is meant for particular area.
Categories of TMT bars
- Fe 500D- The type of building construction bars have moderate strength. It has high flexibility and elongation
- Fe 550D- This variation of TMT bar has low flexibility and elongation. But, it is known for high strength
Check the TMT bar price list.