According to statistics, the incidences of earthquakes are on a rise in India. In light to such reports, it is very important to focus on sturdiness of building construction. That’s because, it’s the collapsing buildings that cause more causalities during an earthquake than anything else. After the catastrophic effects of the massive earthquake in Latur, Maharashtra in the year 1993, the awareness about using earthquake resistant products in construction increased in India. Let’s read on!
The Wonders of TMT Bars
It is primarily because of the use of earthquake resistant steel like TMT bars in building construction that has actually prevented large scale damage to buildings and mankind a number of times post Latur earthquake, including the disastrous earthquake in Nepal in 2015. The use of TMT bars has now become mandatory in all construction projects, especially the big ones. Before Latur, no such specification was there. So, if you have any plans to construct your own home or if you are associated with any construction project, then do make sure to find the details of the best TMT Bars Manufacturers in your area and choose one wisely.
Qualities of Good TMT Bar Manufacturers
Always remember that you will find a number of TMT manufacturers in your city or state owing to the increasing popularity of TMT bars. However, not every manufacturer can offer you quality. Let’s take a quick look at the following table to find the differences between the products by the reliable TMT Bars Manufacturers Bengal and ordinary ones.
|Products with High Quality TMT Bar Manufacturers||Products with Ordinary Manufacturers|
|Made from high quality iron ore||Made from cheap and low quality iron scraps|
|Made from billets||Ingots are used|
|Tempcore process is used to manufacture the bars||Regular Thermex process is used|
|The best in class blend of ductility, strength and good stress ratio leads of high seismic resistance||Low seismic resistance|
|Can hold concrete better due to deep and uniform ribs||Lack of proper uniformity and depth.|
|Offers proper strengths even at 300 degree temperature.||Can endure heat from 200 to 250 degree|
Other features of TMT bars
Apart from the comparison given above, there are a number of other features that sturdy and durable bars offer. Let’s take a quick look at them.
- In comparison to ordinary CTD bars, high quality TMT bars have higher thermal stability. It makes the latter a safer option in regard to fire hazards.
- Top quality steel bars are manufactured using Self-Tempering and Quenching process. This process is an authentic one as mentioned by IS:1786. The elongation for 415 D and 500 D is maximum.
- Quality steel bars have low carbon content. It makes them weldable in comparison to normal rebars.
- In high quality TMT bars, the ratio and percentage of UTS/YS is significantly high. It feature aids in lowering structural damage as well as other causalities during massive earthquakes.
- Reliable TMT Bars Manufacturers Tripura make sure to maintain the certified and allowed chemical composition while manufacturing the bars. It is very important for developing concrete structures.
So, now that you know the features of high quality TMT bars, make sure to check these details out before selecting any particular manufacturer.