As you all know that TMT or Thermo Mechanically Treated bars are manufactured in a unique process. As a result, these bars are more beneficial than regular bars. Highly advanced manufacturing process offers extra strength to outer regions of the steel bars while making the inner core soft. This imparts ductile property to the bars.
RCC constructions have several advantages like –
- • Ductility
- • High strength
- • Affordability
- • Corrosion resistance and so on.
Do you know that the cross ribbed design of TMT bars provide it strength? Let’s find out how this unique feature of the bars is effective…
Cross-ribbed Design of TMT Steel Bars
Many reputed TMT bar manufacturing companies make patterns on the outer surface of the bars. With advanced machines, companies make uniform pattern of ribs on TMT bars. The ribbed pattern bond with concrete structures effectively. It offers anchorage to concrete at the time of construction and ensures that the materials do not slip in future. In other words, it provides a good grip to concrete materials.
Benefits of Cross-ribbed Steel Bars over Plain TMT Rebars
As there are cross-ribbed TMT bars, there are also plain steel bars without any deformations or ribs on the outer surface. Have a look at some of the prime features of plain bars –
- They offer less friction.
- They offer less bonding between steel and concrete components.
- They are less expensive and have low silicon and carbon.
- They are primarily used for alloying, manufacturing fabricated steel structures and re-melting.
- They are also used in construction areas which do not require tensile strength.
On the contrary, ribbed TMT steel bars provide around 40% more bonding strength because of its unique pattern.
- The cross-ribbed patterns enable concrete to firmly grip steel strictures thereby giving, the whole construction more durability and stability.
- Better grip and more friction ensure that there will be no slippage of the materials.
- These steel bars are of great use in RCC constructions that require high strength reinforcement steel bars like bridges or multi-storeyed buildings.
- They are extremely useful in seismic prone regions since concrete and steel have strong bonding that provides structural integrity.
Thus, cross-ribbed TMT bars are the right choice for constructions in earthquake prone regions and all types of buildings, especially the large ones. They increase the life of any concrete structure and make it robust.
Find the best TMT Bar Manufacturer in West Bengal.